Sr. Anamaria Nankusu is a Ugandan from Kasana Luweero Diocese – Nakaseke District. Out of twelve siblings, four have been born into eternal life together with her father. While mother, Bernadette Muberuka Mangalubi is alive with her eight siblings.
Sr. Anamaria studied in Luweero, Kampala and Masaka from primary to secondary level. She attained a Diploma in Secondary Education from the then Nkozi National Teachers’ College, Bachelor in Psychology and Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling at the College of New Rochele, New York, USA.
She went to the Diocese of Moroto-Karamoja to begin initial formation and concluded the Novitiate in Kampala. And there after went to Rome for the Perpetual Profession and probation.
• Sr. Anamaria taught in Kangole SSS from May 1990 – April 1992
• And taught Primary School Children in Langas Parish in Eldoret Diocese –Kenya from September1994 to May 1996. These were children of internally displaced families during the tribal clashes in Kenya.
• She taught and counseled students in Kangole SSS in 1999 and took the role of school bursar in 2000.
• In 2003 to 2005 and 2011 to 2017 she became Head teacher at Sacred Heart Primary School, Kyamusansala, Masaka/Kalungu District.
• To date, she is the Provincial Superior of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Uganda/Kenya Province.
Her life was punctuated with leadership mantle. She started leadership career from primary school and continued at different levels. She held various leadership roles ranging from class monitress, head prefect, counselor, games captain and the like.
As a consecrated person, she served as a Council Member for two mandates of the Provincial and she is now a Provincial Superior. She also served in Coordination Office of the Provincial Superiors of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of the Region of Africa. She also served as a member on several School Boards, Management and adhoc Committees. Education Committee of ARU, served as the assistant of ARU Executive Chairperson and now serving in the office of Chairperson ARU Executive Committee.
Her favorite quote and inspirations is John 15; “Jesus is the vine and we are the branches. I am because God willed it, without Him I am not. I live by His grace; I do all in Him, with Him, by Him, for Him…My prayer is to be His instrument through which His Kingdom is built every moment of my life.”
ARU Executive Committee
ARU Core Administration Team
ARU Support Staff
Some members of the support team